the recipe for…
“Aunt Jo’s FABULOUS Sweet Potato Pie”
From Jo-Ann’s Kitchen to You!
Sweet Potato Pie
· 2-medium sweet potatoes, diced
· 1-stick unsalted butter
· 1-cup granulated sugar
· 2-large eggs, beaten
· ¼-cup buttermilk
· ½-teaspoon vanilla extract
· 9-inch unbaked pie shell
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees
· Place potatoes in cold water, bring to a boil and cook until
tender for about 20 minutes…
(Or bake whole in the microwave, like I do).
· Drain and mash potatoes while hot, adding butter and sugar.
· Set aside and let cool a bit.
· Then add the beaten eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
· Spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
· Bake 45 minutes to one hour, or until set.
HOME: “Our Thornton Family”
Thank you for being visitor number…